Yoga for Weight Loss
Today we have the most popular theme concerning yoga: Weight Loss. Actually not just concerning yoga, if you see any physical activity oriented fixations like Gym, Aerobics, and Zumba, etc, it is hurriedly connected with Weight Loss. Everything becomes a workout. I am not saying that it is bad; not at all. Fitness should be the mantra of life.
Considering the popularity of yoga all around the world, Yoga studios and gyms have special training for weight loss through yoga in different kinds of Yoga Weight Loss Program. Let us analyze more how and to what extent yoga can help in losing weight.
How Yoga Is Different
In the world of exercises and workouts, Yoga has its own distinct place. It is a hundred years old traditions and practicing yoga is not like practicing or following any exercise or workout regime. The way you lose weight by other means such as gymming, Zumba, etc is different than yoga. Yoga connects the physical, spiritual and mental aspects of a being. Practicing yoga gives your body strength and yet does not make it stiff but flexible. It gives you inner peace and makes you mentally strong too.
How Yoga Helps In Weight Loss
- Practicing yoga means one has to follow a healthy diet, thus eliminating unhealthy foods
- If you want to fasten the process of your weight loss program then you can combine yoga with some cardio, aerobics, running, and weight lifting, etc
- It is important to be consistent than being fast with yoga
- You can begin your day with Sun Salutations and Power Yoga to warm up your body
- Not every yoga form will help you to burn calories, so practice those asanas that will help you to burn calories. For example, Ashtanga yoga, Hatha yoga, Chaturanga Dandasana, and Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Yoga means to lead a healthy and balanced life too, so bring the necessary changes in your life.
- For instance, have your meals on time, sleep and awake at proper times, avoid junk foods, try to eat healthy and nutritious
- If possible, always eat home cooked food
Benefits of Losing Weight through Yoga
There is a number of reasons why you should lose weight through yoga or at least by combining it with your regime. Some of them are-
- Yoga tones down your body in a way that it does not gain weight so soon in comparison to other weight loss regimes
- It tones down your abs too
- Yoga does not make your body firm, it makes it stretchable and flexible
- Yoga invigorates the brain and makes the body more active thus helping in working out more
- Often stress leads to stress hunger which might cause a problem in weight loss. So yoga lessens stress hormones to reduce anxiety and stress
Mix Yoga with Other Workouts
Are you one of those people who does not enjoy yoga alone..? Well, we are not judging you, we are absolutely fine with it because we know every individual is unique. Since you want to lose weight by yoga, you cannot achieve it if you don’t like it for a long time. Even if you like it, you might be bore of the monotony of your regime. For weight loss, it is very crucial to fully understand, like and follow your regime. Half-heartedly and unenthusiastically done regime would never bear you a fruit.
So what should you do…? You should do what you always should do; Do it your way. There are some approaches that you can adapt to make your yoga regime for weight loss more fun for you.
- Mix your yoga regime with other workouts of your likings so that you can follow it willingly.
- For instance, if you love to dance then you can blend your yoga session with some dance moves. If you want to work out at home then it might be the best option for you. Pick your favorite song and get set ready to roll
- If you are willing to join a studio or gym center then you can join Zumba or aerobic classes to get your workout going.
- If you like running, walking, cycling or swimming then mix it with your yoga practice too
There is no hard and fast rule for losing weight. Do what works best for you. The only thing that matters is your consistency and discipline with your weight loss regime.
Contact us to schedule a weight loss session for you.