Yoga Teacher Training in India
What makes yoga in India outstanding as for thousands of years, Yoga has been a vital part of the daily lives of those in India. India is replete with profound spiritual energy which has inspired the teachings of many yogic masters, from which we have acquired great knowledge. Moving on to become a yoga teacher or simply gaining a greater 360-degree view of yoga benefits there is no other better authentic alternative to Yoga Teacher Training in India.
India binds the visitors with distinctive authentic aura of spiritual connection and planning for yoga vacations to attend a Yoga Teacher Training course to experience in-depth yoga in India is always a great choice, as Studying Yoga Teacher Training in India will push you out of your “comfort zone”, by taking you to places that you have never been before, in mind, body, and spirit. Discover the real roots and history of the ancient and sacred practice of yoga via your TTC in India.
The common animal’s monkeys, cows, horses, goats, dogs mix up well with the cultural humanity of Heritage India. Here the roads are lined with men selling of mala beads, candles, incense, fresh fruit, and small sculptures of Buddha or Hindu Gods and Goddesses. On the street, you will meet many smiling faces that will place their hands together and bow their head to say “Namaste” meaning “The light in me honors the place in you where light and goodness resides”. It is clear that the people of India have great respect for the tradition of yoga and its influence on their culture.
Why study Yoga Teacher Training in India?
There are so many nations offering various yoga programs worldwide so what’s so special with India. The U.S came in the limelight to have so many yoga lovers with its estimated 20 Million people practicing yoga. First and foremost India is the birthplace of yoga and yoga retreats Rishikesh is an extended opportunity to learn about this ancient discipline. As soon as you land In India just after stepping off the plane, you can feel that the energy of India is special. There are several towns in India that have attracted sadhaks, or spiritual practitioners. One of the most popular lies in the Northern area of the country, in a state called Uttarakhand. The year 1968, was special in the history of India, as it marked the travel of Beatles to Rishikesh to be a part of a Meditation session.
India is also homeland to holy men, devoted to the spiritual path of yoga, have wandered for thousands of years. We are fortunate enough to have opened our Chandra Yoga Meditation Ashram here, as Yoga Teacher Training in India. The sacred Ganges River has been the source of life and movement for this town, and many others, in this area. Hundreds of thousands of visitors, both Indians and foreigners alike, flock to the Ganges to bathe in her healing waters. The best part of Chandra Yoga Meditation Ashram is its location is a short walking distance of 10 minutes from Ma Ganga (The Mother Ganges River). The healing energy that is provided by her waters extends beyond the water banks and up into the Himalayan mountains. Chandra Yoga Meditation Ashram is nestled between the beautiful blue Ganges River and the tall green Himalayas. The amazing energy and history of this location surely play a vital role in the power of yoga and the transformations that take place during the TTC.
Our Yoga Teacher Training in India is certified by the Yoga Alliance and provides you with an authentic Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga Training. Exploring India through a complimentary yoga vacation you can completely relax at Yoga Niketan Yoga Ashram, to continue your yoga course under the influence of the serene environment. Yoga Niketan has a lot in store for yoga enthusiasts taking the yoga sessions to the next higher level with fun and amazing environment equipped with hygienic community kitchen serving pure vegetarian Sattvic and Yogic food.
Our syllabus is designed to meet the entire required curriculum in subject areas including:
- Meditation: Includes a perfect combination of mantra chanting, pranayama (breathing practices), and guided meditation techniques for complete mind, body relaxation.
- Asana: Brief yoga practice involving both physical asana practice to ensure your health, as well as detailed explanation of each asana to understand the benefits, alignment, how to enter and exit each pose, and its mental/spiritual implications on your body.
- Philosophy: Yoga philosophy is based in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, as well as concepts in kundalini yoga such as chakras. We discuss karma, dharma, Yamas and niyamas, reincarnation, different spiritual paths, and how to apply the ancient concepts of yoga to your life today.
- Yoga Anatomy: A detailed explanation of the bones, muscles, and systems of the human body and how they are affected and improved by one’s yoga practice. In yoga alliance certification Rishikesh we also discuss proper alignment for certain asana so that we can understand what is happening under the skin (internal rotation of the thighs, elongation of the spine, etc.)
- Teaching Methodology: Includes lectures on how to sequence a class, yoga teacher etiquette and ethics, the business of yoga, and self-care for the teacher.